The texts collected here are intended as an introduction to the formative period of the anarchist tradition. As the document collections take shape, they will be supplemented with some interpretive material. A first collection drawn from this material is being prepared for publication under the title ANARCHIST BEGINNINGS: Declarations and Professions of Faith, 1840-1925.
DECLARATIONS & PROFESSIONS OF FAITH
- Precursors & Related Tendencies: pre-1840
- The Era of Anarchy: 1840—1880
- The Era of Anarchism: 1881—1925
- Pierre-Joseph Proudhon & Mutualism
- Anarchist Communism
- Anarchist Collectivism
- Anarchist Individualism
- Anarchism without Adjectives (panarchy, mutual toleration, synthesis, etc.)
- Near-Anarchists & Fellow Travelers (equitable commerce, pantarchy, libertarian socialism, etc.)
- Programs & Manifestos: A Chronological Index
THE MAX NETTLAU PROJECT
- Mile-Markers & Progress Reports
Remarks by anarchists on the progress of the movement.
- A Good Word: Anarchy in All its Senses
Research on the development of the anarchist vocabulary, destined for a monograph-in-progress.
- Anarchist Poetry, Drama and Fiction
- Anarchist Periodicals: A Selection
- Criticisms of Anarchism